ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Submissions closed at midnight (AEST) Wednesday, 8 August 2018.
Share your experience and your work by presenting at the
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District 2018 Inaugural Conference.
All abstract submissions will be subject to review. Authors should ensure that the following criteria are met in their abstract submission:
- Successful presenting authors will be required to pay for at least a single day registration
- The topic is relevant and important to the chosen theme. Please ensure you have read the themes before submitting an abstract
- Subject matter is original or innovative
- Paper must add to the knowledge-base of the discipline
Abstracts must conform to the requirements as outlined:
- Abstracts should be limited to 500 words
- Abstracts must be submitted in the template format as provided below
- Abstracts for presentations must be submitted via the submission portal by midnight, AEST, 8 August 2018
Opportunities for presenting:
The Organising Committee seeks to support innovation in the delivery of ideas. We encourage you to think of the best way of engaging with your audience, sharing your experience and generating exploration and learning.
In curating the program, the committee will seek to build a program of linked discussions through the sessions. Abstract authors may be asked to re frame or further develop their exploration; or explore a collaborative presentation with an author who has submitted a similarly themed abstract.
If you would like to present an Oral or Poster Presentation at the conference, please nominate this request when you submit via the Submission Portal on the conference website. Presentations which are not accepted for an oral presentation may be offered a poster presentation.
- Oral Presentations are 20 minutes long which includes 3 minutes for questions and answers to be held at the conclusion of each presentation
- This timing should include allowance for interaction with the participants through either question and answer or group discussion
- We would encourage those electing to use a concurrent session to explore the best way of engaging with your audience
- Presentations which are not accepted for an oral presentation may be offered a poster presentation
- Posters will remain on display throughout the conference over 2 days. You will be expected to stand by your poster to discuss the contents with interested delegates for at least one of the scheduled poster sessions. You may want to add your mobile phone number, so delegates can arrange to meet you at your poster at specific times
- If you would like to submit an abstract for a poster display at the conference, please nominate this request when you submit via the Submission Portal on the conference website. Posters should be in portrait and not exceed AO size (1189mm high x 841mm wide). These will be mounted on a display panel, for the duration of the conference.
Tips for presenting an abstract
It may be an advantage to you to watch a few Ted Talks before your presentation – https://www.ted.com/playlists/226/before_public_speaking
PRESENTER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Upon acceptance of abstract, all presenters must register and pay for at least the day of the Conference they are presenting at by Friday, 31 August 2018
- No funding is available to support presenters
- Papers must be presented by the named authors. Proxies will not be permitted except in an emergency such as ill health
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any proposal